1. I created (initially for the TaniBackup platform, then moved to separate business) the automation platform to efficiently manage large numbers of servers belonging to different companies - lighter and cheaper than Puppet or Chef frameworks.
Part of this platform has been released as open source software, available for free ("Server Farmer" project on github.com).
2. Currently I'm responsible for further development of this platform, and for management of our IT services.
I'm responsible for overall IT security and business continuity, including server and services administration (Linux, Windows, Insert GT ERP).
1. I created (initially for the TaniBackup platform, then moved to separate business) an email marketing platform - polish competitor of eg. MailChimp, cheaper and with much better delivery rate to polish subscribers because of better polish-spam-filter bypassing technology.
2. I created a handful of email cleaning, repairing and sorting algorithms. These algorithms can take low quality email address database as input, and fully automatically fix over 200 bugs, anomalies and anti-spam traps in addresses (and detect even more problems to be fixed manually).
I designed and created from scratch scalable online backup platform, that combines the best features of competing services (eg. Amazon S3) with the ability to access your data via the rsync protocol, and the lowest price in the market price (at the time the public starting in Q1 2013).
My contribution consisted mainly of:
1. Decentralized network infrastructure, based on HP ProLiant servers and Mikrotik routers.
2. Scalable architecture, enabling sharding the service up to 250 data centers while maintaining the possibility of migrating individual customers between datacentres without changes in access data delivered to the customers.
3. Load balancing algorithms that monitor usage/saturation of individual links in data centers, and automatically schedule migration of individual customer accounts between data centers.
4. Distributed monitoring platform based on Cacti software.
5. Automation platform for efficient, multiple, multi-company server management (way cheaper than Puppet / Chef frameworks). Parts of this platform have been released as open source.
Most important successes and activities from 2007 to 2014:
1. Technical architect, leading developer, technical owner, chief technical consultant of "Place z Allegro" payment platform ("Pay with Allegro", polish Paypal competitor, recently rebranded to "PayU"). Responsible for related strategic projects, architecture overseeing, scheduling, assigning and verifying maintenance work etc. In addition to technical knowledge, holds wide business-related knowledge on many aspects of the service.
2. Technical architect and leading developer of the biggest MVNO platform in Poland, in cooperation with Gadu Gadu.
3. Lecturer of several internal workshops and trainings from the area of IT and project management.
4. Pioneer and evangelist of object oriented programming. Initiator of Allegro platform migration from PHP 4.x to 5.x.
5. Founder of department knowledge base regarding Allegro technical platform. First author of platform documentation.
In recognition of outstanding achievements, rewarded with MIH Distinguished Technologist title, as the only person from Poland and one of 11 employees of MIH Group/Naspers worldwide.
I was responsible for extending open source MediaWiki software in many ways, improving usability of hosted sites, and allowing integration of external technologies in these sites.
Some examples of projects I managed are:
1. Wikia Widgets, allowing users to redesign their pages using just drag&drop. That was my biggest project, being developed by 9 people in total (including myself). My technical role in this project is database structure design and optimalization, backend design and implementation, and also implementation of a few widgets.
2. Tools for site administrators, scanning several search engines and making popularity analysis of hosted sites.
3. Next generation database layer to replace MediaWiki functionalities and improve sites' efficiency where possible.
4. Antispam protections for content sent from hosted sites, integration with several external antispam engines and services.
I was responsible for internal and external analytics systems, and integration of ERP solutions. My main field of responsibility was an internal data warehouse solution, cooperating with several ERP instances at several business units in the whole country.
Some examples of projects I managed are:
1. Komputronik Viper - scalable and extendable business process integration engine. Lightweight alternative to Microsoft BizTalk Server. Written in Visual Basic 6.0, able to cooperate with all popular database engines and network protocols. Used internally to integrate over 15 ERP instances, and planned as a platform for future projects for external customers.
2. Internal sales reporting systems, based on Oracle data warehouse built using Viper.
Additionally I used to be in the team of 5 people implementing MAXeBiznes ERP system, and replacing over 15 instances of Symfonia Handel.
I was one of key developers of the internal vindication application for "Grupa TKP", which is an association of most CATV providers in Poznań and the whole region (initiated by TKP S.A., which is one of the biggest providers and also the owner of Internet Cable Provider Sp. z o.o.).
I was responsible mainly for vindication rules (because of my experience at this field), and database development and administration (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, PostgreSQL).
Additionally I cooperated with CATV specialists in field of integration of vindication software with fully automatic management of subscribers' services.
My main field of responsibility was an antivirus program "Euroscan", which development I managed as both project and team manager (almost 20 people overall), and additionally as a leading programmer and designer.
Also I was in charge of kernel-level integration of antivirus functionalities into Linux, Solaris, OpenBSD, and FreeBSD systems, and administration of these systems.
Additionally to Euroscan project, I dealt with management of all other company's activities (except sales representatives' activities) in technical and financial fields.
My other competences included recruitment and cooperation with external companies and freelancers, and also cooperation with ClamAV open source antivirus project, to which I occasionally sent code for inclusion and wide testing.
I was responsible for development of polish vindication software for small vindication offices named "Egzekutor 2003" (used technologies: Borland C++ Builder 6.0, Borland Delphi 6.0, embedded MySQL) as analyst, designer and programmer.
I was the designer and leading programmer of internet portal of promotions and sell-outs named "Bolero" (used technologies: TCL, MySQL). I managed a team of 4 people (including myself) in all technical fields.
As a result of project's success, in April 2003 I received an offer to become CTO in newly created Euronet Sp. z o.o. owned by the same investor.
I developed many solutions (mainly websites and mailing/messaging solutions) and managed many small servers (Linux, Windows NT4/2000) for various companies, especially in my home town.
The most interesting examples from these solutions were an auction site and banner rotation system, both written in ASP 2.0 using MS SQL Server.
" Tomasz is smart and comprehensive programmer. He concentrates his energy to solve the problem and create business functionality. It was pleasure to work with Tomasz. "
" Naspers-MIH hereby recognises Tomasz Klim as a Distinguished Technologist in acknowledgement of his professional expertise and the contribution he has made to Allegro and the Naspers group. "
" I worked with Tomek for a few months and I can prove, that he's always trying to really solve the problem, instead of just patching the hole, which seems to be a common practice in many companies. You will surely enjoy working with him. "
" I worked with Tomasz for a few months and can prove that he's one of the most multi-talented people that I worked with. While being a very good programmer, he was also a skillful domain expert, able to redesign any part of the project to meet the real company needs, instead of taking a short cuts, which is unfortunately common nowadays. It was a great opportunity to work with him. "
" Tomasz was a wonderful colleague to work with, we held many discussions about our projects, and he was giving me great insight on them, with many good ideas for each. I'd recommend Tomasz to anyone who's searching for a passionate, mind-opened developer. "
" Observing his achievements as direct superior, I can certify, that he's high class database professional, also able to effectively passing on his knowledge to others, which is not common. As employee, Tomasz characterizes as tremendously independent, inquisitive, patient and resourceful person. He's clearly oriented on success of managed projects. Also he's very flexible employee, able to work on many project aspects in the same time. With full responsibility I can recommend him as employee. He will certainly cope with many ambitious tasks and will meet expectations of even the most demanding employer. "
" I have worked with Tomasz for a couple of months in the same room. In spite of the fact taht we were dealing with different projects in different departments Tomasz was always wery helpful and fully engaged with his tasks. I hope we could meet as cowokers in another company in future. "